These 14 Awareness Through Movement® lessons were taught live in a 4-day workshop entitled Connecting Arms and Ribs taught by Diana Razumny in Santa Fe NM in September of 2016. The lessons explore how the use and movement of your arms are intimately related to your ribs. The skeletal connections of the shoulder blade, shoulder joint, clavicle, sternum and ribs are made obvious. Attention to breathing is woven into the lessons to highlight the obvious relationship and accompaniment to the ribs. Some challenging movement puzzles peak curiosity creating a fun learning environment. Doing these lessons will give you a new appreciation for integrating your ribs into the use of your arms.
- Track 1 – ATM Lesson #1 – Crossing arms on chest, sitting, short exploration [15 min]
- Track 2 – ATM Lesson #2 – Diagonal fingers & toes, on back [67 min]
- Track 3 – ATM Lesson #3 – Sawing arms #1, sliding crossed arms in front, back & sitting [52 min]
- Track 4 – ATM Lesson #4 – Breathe into right lung [33 min]
- Track 5 – ATM Lesson #5 – Arms under back [38 min]
- Track 6 – ATM Lesson #6 – Side bending on side & sitting [43 min]
- Track 7 – ATM Lesson #7 – Sawing arms #2, sliding crossed elbows, on back & sitting [48 min]
- Track 8 – ATM Lesson #8 – Taking off sweater with arm clock, on back [42 min]
- Track 9 – ATM Lesson #9 – Sitting on chair, one cheek off [39 min]
- Track 10 – ATM Lesson #10 – Sawing arms #3, crossed arms with interlaced fingers, hold chin, on back & sitting [46 min]
- Track 11 – ATM Lesson #11 – Bridging arm, on back [58 min]
- Track 12 – ATM Lesson #12 – Palm on floor, turning hand/arm around, sitting & hands/knee [54 min]
- Track 13 – ATM Lesson #13- Sliding head/arm to side, on back & front [45 min]
- Track 14 – ATM Lesson #14- Crossed elbows, on front, rolling side to side + Elbows forward, on back with hands on belly [38 min]
*The discussions and visual presentations were removed to create an easy format for doing this ATM series. Because of the live nature of the recordings you will occasionally hear a discussion reference.